Monday 15 November 2010

Evaluating My Planning

In relation to Andrew Goodwins theory, my video complies with many of his concepts especially the genre's own video style and iconography. As punk videos usually include a band performance I will include this convention in my video. The costume in my video will match the punk genre of the song I use. The video will cut to the beat of the song which is common in most punk videos. Goodwin suggests a relationship between music and visuals. As my video is both narrative based and performance based there will be clear links between the lyrics and visuals. Both the narrative and band performance will illustrate and amplify the lyrics e.g. CCTV cameras to portray the school as a prison.

My video will also include Goodwins theory of intertextual references within the narrative creating nostalgic associations e.g. Sex Pistols lyrics in graffiti; these will generate nostalgic associations. Goodwins theory also suggests that there is a reference to the notion of looking (voyeurism) which I have also intended on doing in my narrative. I will include shots from school fences and school windows to represent the students perspective behind them.

Goodwin also considers the demand of close-up shots of the main artist by the record company. As this is also a convention of rock videos and the genre of my video is punk I will include a number of close-up shots of the lead singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment