Monday 31 January 2011

Audience Feedback

To gain some feedback from my audience I created a survey on the website http://www.surveymonkey.com/. The survey included 7 questions to find out what they thought of the video.
Here are the questions I included in the survey:

1. Overall, how did you find the video

(For this question a comment box allowed my audience to explain in their own words how they found the video.)

2. Do you think the narrative fits the genre of the video?

(A very important 'yes or no' question as I wanted to make sure that my video matches the punk genre.)

3. What do you think is needed to improve the video?

(It is important that my audience enjoy my video so I wanted their suggesti
ons on what would make the video better.)

4. How did you find the perfomance of the actors in the video?

(For this question I gave five choices to choose from ranging from 'Great' to 'Could be better'. )

5. What music channel can you see this video on?

(To make sure that my video is falling under the right genre I gave the audience 4 channels to pick from which were NME TV, Kerrang, Scuzz, MTV Rock. As it is a punk video I hoped for my audience to pick Kerrang or MTV Rock as the channel Scuzz is well known for metal and NME TV mainly consists of indie music.)

6. Would you watch this video again?

(With the choices 'yes' or 'no' I found it important to discover if my video was worth watching again as a successful music video would be.)

7. Please explain why you picked this answer

(If the audience picked no this would allow me to gather more suggestions for improvement.)


The results from my survey were overall positive with some suggestions to improve. Here are some responses to the first question.

100% answered yes to the second question which was positive for my feedback.

Here are some responses to the third question which I found most relevant to developing the final draft of the video.

98% of my audience chose Kerrang for the fifth question which told me that my video was falling under the right genre.




No comments:

Post a Comment